Burnaby Waste Disposal
If you are recycling your waste in Burnaby, here’s how to go about with the curb-side pick ups.
- Set out your garbage, green bin and recycling in the lane or street you normally use by 7am on your collection day. Do not place your containers out the night before collection.
- Place containers so the arrows on the lid point toward the centre of the lane or street (handles will face your property).
- Place your containers so that there is at least 1m (3ft) of space on all sides and 3m (10ft) of clearance above.
- Garbage bin, green bin and recycling containers must be removed off of the lane or street by 8pm on your collection day and secured on your property.
- Rinse your receptacles weekly with mild soap or vinegar/water mix (pour soapy water onto grass or gravel, never down an outside drain).
- Dispose of all used tissues, hygiene products, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves and similar products in securely tied bags and place them in your garbage bin. Unbagged or loose items will not be collected.
If you are using green bins, here’s some things to keep in mind:
- Over 40 per cent of a typical residential household’s garbage is food scraps and food-soiled paper products. Help reduce waste by placing your food scraps and food-soiled paper, along with your yard material, into your green bin for composting.
- Keep your green bin clean to avoid odour and attractants.
- Wrap your food scraps using newspaper, boxboard or paper bags before placing in green bin.
- Rinse it weekly with mild soap or vinegar/water mix (pour soapy water onto grass or gravel, never down an outside drain).
- Keep your green bin in a shady area, out of direct sunlight or inside a shed/garage.
- Keep the lid closed to deter pests.
- Freeze food scraps before placing them in the green bin.
Recycling your waste is an admirable thing everyone should do. However, if not done right this can cause more harm than good. Here is how to properly dispose of your waste:
Not everything is accepted for recycling pick up. Please ensure you sort your materials right and keep unacceptable items out of your recycling. Many items not accepted through curbside collection are accepted at the Burnaby Eco-Centre.
The city of Burnaby does garbage pick-ups every week. Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Only one (1) garbage bin is allowed per property.
- All garbage must be bagged and fit into your garbage bin with the lid closed.
- Dispose of all used tissues, hygiene products, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves and similar products in securely tied bags. Unbagged or loose items will not be collected.
- Between collection days, remove your garbage bin from the lane or street and store in a secure location on your property.
For large items pick-up:
- All mattresses must be wrapped and sealed in plastic.
- Re-use the plastic wrap from your new mattress to protect your old mattress from moisture. This will save you time, money, and help the environment.
- Each mattress must be wrapped separately (do not wrap mattress with boxspring).
- Mattress bags available at local retailers. » No unwrapped glass or mirror items.
- Quantity restrictions apply.
How Can Premier Help?
We will be pleased to get rid of any trash and clutter you may have. In order to save you time and worry, we are a full service company that provides garbage pickup and rubbish hauling. The helpful members of our Burnaby rubbish disposal service are prepared, willing, and able to ease the load.
To make the process as easy as possible for you, our Burnaby garbage removal team guarantees to do all the lifting and loading. We also provide Bin Rental in Burnaby to help you collect all your construction waste at one place. With the support of our friendly customer service representatives, we work hard to make your experience with Burnaby garbage collection quick and simple.
For everyone who needs garbage disposal in Burnaby, we provide free quotations. Given that our costs are volume-based, contact us for a free quote so you can estimate how much waste collection in Burnaby will cost.
Our company has a green philosophy, so we try to make garbage removal Burnaby as environmentally responsible as possible. Whenever we can, we recycle and donate to worthwhile causes. This is not always feasible, but we are always on the lookout to help the environment.